Holiday Candle LOVE! #bathandbodyworks (photo via: laneyysetz)
Hang on a second while we grab that post for you.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: The Bath and Body Works Perfect American Summer Contest ("Contest") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico that are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Bath & Body Works Brand Management, Inc. and its parent and affiliate companies and suppliers, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, territorial, municipal, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (as defined below), which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Sponsor reserves the right to select the winner(s) and make all determinations in the administration of the Contest in its sole and absolute discretion.
2. Sponsor and Administrator: Bath & Body Works Brand Management, Inc. ("Sponsor"), 7 Limited Parkway East, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068, U.S.A., http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Twitter, or Tumblr. The information you provide will only be used for verification of your eligibility to participate in the Contest and to award prizes in the event that you submit a winning entry. Please direct any questions or comments regarding the Contest to the Sponsor.
3. Timing: The Contest begins on May 20, 2012 at approximately 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on June 20, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
4. How to enter: Take a photograph that showcases your idea of a perfect American summer. The photo may or may not include a Bath & Body Works product, but should be a creative and fun expression of what represents, showcases, or illustrates the perfect American summer moment. Your photo must be submitted during the Contest Period in one of the following ways to be accepted as a Contest entry ("Entry"):
a. via Tumblr: Upload the photograph with the photo upload tool on Sponsor's Tumblr Blog, located at http://bathandbodyworks.tumblr.com/ using the hashtag #BathandBodyWorks. Your submission must comply with Tumblr's community guidelines, located at http://www.tumblr.com/policy/en/community.
b. via Instagram: Upload the photograph on the Instagram application using the hashtag #BathandBodyWorks. Your submission must comply with Instagram's terms, located at http://instagr.am/legal/terms/.
If you choose to submit your Entry using your mobile phone, standard data fees may apply. See your wireless provider for pricing plan details. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means, or by any means which subvert the entry process, are void.
5. Disqualification of Entries: Limit one Entry per eligible person during the Contest Period. Any person using multiple accounts or identities to enter the Contest will be deemed ineligible, and all such Entries disqualified from the Contest. Your Entry must be your own original work, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards or contests, must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person, and must not violate any other law. Your Entry must not incorporate or include anything that would require the consent of any third party or the further consent of any entrant for use of the Entry as outlined herein. Your Entry must not contain or depict any material that is objectionable, unlawful, defamatory, obscene, sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, discriminatory, threatening, vulgar, racially or ethnically-motivated, that is invasive of another's privacy, or is otherwise objectionable or unfit for publication/posting/uploading, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Your Entry must not contain or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, "commercial pitch," promotional materials, junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion.
Other promotions: By entering this Contest, you will not be eligible to receive any prize awarded in any other promotion unless you enter each sweepstakes, contest or promotion separately.
6. Judging: One (1) winning entry will be selected from all eligible Entries on or about June 22, 2012, by a panel of judges selected by Sponsor ("Judges"). The Judges' decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest, and will be based equally upon the following criteria ("Judging Criteria"): creativity, fun, and artistic interpretation of the "perfect American summer" theme. The entrant with the top score according to the Judging Criteria will be declared the Contest winner (the "Winner"). In the event of a tie, the Winner will be determined according to the Judges' discretion.
7. Winner Notification: The Winner will be notified by the email address associated with the Tumblr, Twitter, or Instagram account used to submit the winning Entry. The Winner will be required to provide a valid mailing address, which will be used to deliver the prizes. At the discretion of the Sponsor, the Winner may be disqualified for not complying with these Official Rules, failing to execute and return any required documents within the specified time period, making false statements, or failing to receive a prize notification because it is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable. In the event of a disqualification, the person who submitted the Entry with the next highest score may then be declared the alternate Winner.
8. Prizes and Odds: The Winner will receive a custom Bath and Body Works box (Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $8.00) containing the American Boardwalk Candle Collection, which includes nine fragrances (ARV of the 3-Wick fragrances: $19.50, ARV of the 4 oz. fragrance: $9.50, ARV of total collection: $165.50). ARV of the prize: $173.50.
No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted, except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. Any and all taxes on the prizes, and any other costs, fees, and expenses not explicitly stated herein as being awarded, are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries. The Winner will be responsible for paying all costs and expenses related to the prizes that are not specifically mentioned, including, but not limited to, taxes, and any other expenses that might reasonably be incurred by the Winner in receiving or using the prize; and required to submit his/her social security number or taxpayer ID number to us in order to claim the prize.
9. Release: All entrants, as a condition of entry into the Contest, agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes Winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of Winner's name, likeness, photograph, Entry, opinions and/or hometown, state, or country for promotional purposes in any media now known or hereinafter known, worldwide, in perpetuity without further notice, payment or consideration.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its absolute and sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Assignment of Rights: All entrants agree that upon submitting an Entry, Sponsor shall have an unlimited license to reproduce the Entry, and create any derivative works of the Entry in perpetuity, and that Sponsor shall have the right to publish in any media whatsoever the Entry (including any reproduction or derivative work) and use it in perpetuity, along with the entrant's name and likeness for any lawful purpose, including promotional purposes, without further compensation. By entering the contest, entrant represents that entrant created the Entry for his/her entry into this Contest. Upon entry, each entrant (on behalf of him/herself and his/her child/children) also releases Sponsor from all liability arising from his/her entry in the Contest and use of the prizes, and agrees to sign any additional documentation which Sponsor may reasonably request addressing this or any other Contest rules. Sponsor reserves the rights to request from any entrant additional documentation it reasonably believes is necessary to validate any entry or award any prize.
13. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, if possible. If the Contest, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
14. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio or the appropriate Ohio State Court located in Franklin County, Ohio, U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' or legal fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Ohio, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Ohio, U.S.A.
16. Winners List: The Winner will be announced on the Bath & Body Works Facebook page located at http://www.facebook.com/bathandbodyworks and the Bath & Body Works Twitter page located at http://www.twitter.com/luvbbw. To retrieve the Winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: BBW Perfect American Summer Contest 2012, Winners List, ATTN: Lucas Kozlowski, 7 Limited Parkway East, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068, U.S.A.
© 2012 Limited Brands, Inc. All rights reserved.
Submit a photo that shows your love for fragrance for a chance to WIN! Two lucky fragrance lovers will WIN our NEW Fine Fragrance Mist in all 22 Signature Collection Fragrances. Upload your photo between now and April 20, 2012 for your chance to win!